Solar water pumps in Eldoret is now a thing. This is because getting clean, safe, and sustainable water is a major concern to many farmers within Eldoret (Uasin Gishu County) and Kenya as a whole. For most people, water is normally pumped using petrol or diesel pumps which are usually expensive to maintain. In areas where electricity is scarce, Solar Water Pumps can be a solution.
Demand for solar pumps is highest in the rural areas where electricity has not yet penetrated or farmers who are using costly fuel water pumps. Solar water pumps are the go-to solutions because of their low-cost maintenance and ability to run at no cost. Eldoret enjoys a lot of sun and has high solar insolation. This makes solar water pumps the best solution for farmers to switch to, in order for them to realize profits on their farms.
Benefits of solar water pumps inEldoret
- Solar panels, which power the submersible and surface solar water pumps, have dropped over the years making solar pumps a bit affordable and within reach of purchase.
- The pump technologies have improved and can now pump higher water volumes and go deeper underground.
- Operation and maintenance costs are extremely low compared to diesel and petrol pumps.
- Solar is efficient has a lifespan of over 20 years, making it economically viable.
- A solar water pump kit is simple to use and connect. It includes a solar water pump, controller, a bit of power cable and solar panels.
- Solar pumps can also work with power backup generators or electrical grids to ensure you have constant water supplies when there is no sun.
What kind of solar water pump do I need in Eldoret?
We consider a lot of things when designing a solar pump for you. These things include;
- Water requirement per day (Volume)
- How big your water storage is
- Water depth
- Location of the Solar Panels
- Solar irradiance in your region etc.
Once the solar system is up and running, we provide you with warranties that determine the maintenance of the system to ensure you have a constant supply of water.